Application process How to apply
1. Applicant establishes an Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) and registers with NBA.
2. Applicant applies for permit and provides other supporting information.
3. NBA Secretariat checks for completeness and accepts the application.
4. NBA forwards copies to appropriate referral agencies for comments.
5. Public Consultation—applicant advertises in two public newspapers inviting the public to submit comments to the Authority within 30 days.
6. SAC Reviews the application, and incorporates public and referral agency comments in its final recommendations to NBA.
7. NBA makes a Decision.
8. NBA notifies the applicant.
(a) In case of missing information or an incomplete application, NBA requests for additional or missing information from the applicant.
(b) In case of rejection, NBA gives the applicant a notice of rejection.
( c) In case of the application being compliant to the Biosafety Act, the NBA issues the applicant with a permit.